Image has been operating for over 25 years in the Manchester area offering support to:
- those making difficult pregnancy decisions
- those wanting to talk about their abortion, miscarriage or child loss
- families with young children who are in financial hardship
- works with the general public from all walks of life, including prisoners, asylum seekers, refugees and the homeless
- is committed to treating everyone equally, regardless of religion, race, background, beliefs, age or sex.
- offers recognised training courses in pregnancy counselling skills as well as post- abortion and child loss across the country
- trains trainers to deliver the courses
- provides speakers and distributes regular newsletters
- networks with Challenge Team UK to provide in put into schools and youth groups about healthy relationships
- organises regular prayer and a National Day of Prayer each October
Image is a Christian charity whose core belief is that everyone has worth and value from the beginning of life to its natural end
Image values everyone who engages with us by whatever means, and we do all we can to protect your privacy and to make sure the personal data you provide us is kept safe.
This policy explains how we collect data, how we use and store information and what it means for you.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND WHAT WE DO WITH IT
We use the information you give us to process donations or to keep you informed about our work. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with
the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation. We never pass
on this information to any third party persons, companies or other organisations. When joining our mailing list or making a donation we collect some or all of the following information:
Your name and address, including postcode
A contact telephone number (optional)
Your email address
The amount and frequency (if giving regularly) of your donation and any associated gift aid
We may seek further information for one or more of the following reasons:
- to assess your eligibility for some of our services
- to ensure we provide the right service
- to help safeguard you in the provision of services
- to monitor equality and diversity in the provision of services
- to provide information that helps us to maintain and improve those services and that will help us target those services and seek funding for them more effectively
WHAT THE BASIS IS FOR OUR DATA PROCESSING
Consent : If you are a new supporter coming on board for the first time, on or after 25TH May 2018, we will process your personal data on the basis of the consent you provided us with. You are free to change your preferences at any time by contacting us by telephone, post or email as shown in the section “PREFERENCES” below.
Legitimate interest : If you are an existing supporter as at 25th May 2018 we may continue to contact you by email where you have previously given us your consent. We may also contact you by email, post or telephone where we have a legitimate interest to do so. For example, where you have previously made a donation to image we may continue to send you information about the work your donation is making possible or other work we may wish to do. Where you have previously expressed an interest in our work or have shown a potential to give to or pray for our work we will rely on our legitimate interest in order to collect the information as noted above in ‘WHAT DO WE COLLECT AND WHAT DO WE DO WITH IT”. Where you have previously asked us not to contact you in this way we will continue to respect your contact preferences. You can change your preferences at any time or object to us processing your data by contacting us by telephone, post or email as shown in the section “PREFERENCES” below
HOW LONG WE KEEP INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information only for as long as we consider it necessary to carry out each activity.
We take account of legal obligations and accounting and tax considerations as well as considering what would be reasonable for the activity concerned.
For example we will retain details of donations for 7 years to meet tax and accounting requirements; the details of applicants for training courses will be held for 3 years to comply with the requirements of the certificate providing authority and information relating to a Family Services client will be held for no longer than two years after you have last visited us.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We are not responsible for and accept no liability for the content or privacy practices of any linked website which is not owned and maintained by us. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information
You may contact us:
By telephone: 0161 273 8090
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: image, Unit 15, Wesley Centre, Royce Road, Hulme, Manchester, M15 5BP
In order to
- update/correct information about you
- change the way we contact you
- ascertain what information we hold about you
- ask us to delete your information
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We may update this policy from time to time and the updated version will be shown on the website. You will be deemed to accept the provisions of this policy as updated by continuing to access this website.
This policy was last updated on 19 April 2018