Are you pregnant?
Do you need help?
CLICK HERE for information.
A call to a National Day of Prayer (27th October)
In 2017, according to Government figures, 206,880 babies died by abortion in the United Kingdom (England, Wales and Scotland). That's over 17,000 a month; nearly 4,000 a week; over 560 each day. Of the year's total, 98 per cent were so-
Abortion, previously illegal, was decriminalised by Parliament in 1967. We were told the Abortion Act would allow previously illegal abortions, carried out in dangerous conditions, to be done safely. There would not be a significant increase in the number of abortions. Claims that the act would lead to a large number of abortions were decried as irresponsible and sensationalist. The Christian church was asleep. The act was passed in a half-
Now we have virtually abortion on demand.
The number of babies who die from abortion in the UK each day equals two Lockerbie disasters. The number of babies aborted each week is greater than the number of people killed at the World Trade Centre on 9/11. The number aborted in two years exceeds the number of British casualties in the whole of the Second World War.
Over the past 51 years, over eight million babies have died from legally-
A National Day of Prayer about abortion is held each year on 27th October, the anniversary of the passing of the Abortion Act.
On the day, can you organise a joint prayer meeting in your town? Can you arrange to pray with your church? Can you pray with your home group or youth group? Can you arrange to pray with friends? Will you pray at home?
Prayer packs for 2018 are available. To download these resources please click here.
Below are some suggested prayer topics.
Some prayer guidelines
1. Last year there were 206,880 abortions in the UK. That's over 17,000 a month; nearly 4000 a week; over 560 each day. Each one is a human life. The Christian church is largely unconcerned. Ask for forgiveness for the Christian church. Pray the Christian church will no longer be willing to accept the status quo, but will take a stand on this issue.
2. Pray God will raise up men and women with a burning desire for justice for the unborn and a determination to see the matter through to a just conclusion. Pray for faithful supporters to assist and encourage.
3. Pray for repentance for this nation, for a forsaking of wickedness, a turning to Him and a healing of our land.
4. Pray people will become aware of the facts concerning the development of unborn babies and the eternal truths which support pro-
5. Pray for the Government, that they will recognise they are appointed by God to represent Him in government, that they have a need before God to protect innocent human life, and that unborn babies are persons too. Pray for pro-
6. Pray people will be aware of the facts concerning the existence of life from conception. Pray for the evils of abortion to be exposed. Pray for the media.
7. Pray for mothers and fathers contemplating abortion, that they will understand that children are a gift from God, that He has a purpose for each life, and that if they need help, help is available. Pray for the babies. Pray babies will be saved from death today.
8. Countless thousands of women are suffering physically, mentally and emotionally following abortion. Pray there will be people on hand who will understand their pain and be able to minister forgiveness and healing. Pray women suffering from abortion will be reached with the knowledge of the love of Christ.
9. Pray for pro-
10. Pray for pro-
11. Pray for doctors who are pro-
12. Pray for a more positive perception of adoption, that where mothers feel unable to care for a baby, they will consider adoption as a preferable alternative to abortion.
13. Besides surgical abortion, pray about chemical abortion, about early abortions brought about by the morning-
14. Pray for children and young people in schools, colleges and universities. Pray they may find good role models and be reached with a positive message about the sanctity of human life and the value of chastity outside of marriage.
15. Remember that God hears and answers prayer. He has promised. Never doubt that your prayers will make a difference.
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chron 7:14
Now this is the confidence that we have in him, that if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of him. 1 John 5:14, 15
Whatever you ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in my name, I will do it. John 14:13, 14
Whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. . . Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. John 16:23, 24